Polymaker has joined forces with Cults3D for your chance to WIN a Polysher™ and PolySmooth™. The design contest will run from May 15th until August 15th, submit an organic design onto Cults3D to enter the contest.
The design brief is simple! Design an organic shape that is appealing to the eye or an organic object that serves a purpose. Be inspired by living objects in nature and create something that is beautiful, useful or both! Stay clear of hard-edged blocky designs and let your imagination flow.
Models can include, for example, objects related to every kind of elements in nature: wood, stone, crystals, plant materials. For example, you can recreate the appearance of a tree trunk or the effect of ripples that spread over the water. Our best advice: observe nature and create a beautiful and useful object from your observations.
- Publish one or more 3D models in connection with the theme of the competition about the Organic Shapes. The model can be divided into several parts (but not too many, so that it can be easily printed in 3D). The object must be beautiful, useful or both.
- Mention in the description of your design the hashtag: #POLYMAKERCHALLENGE
- Submit your 3D model on Cults for free with the Creative Common CC-BY License.
- Share your creation around you in order to get as much “Likes” as possible on your page (only the real “I like” featured on Cults3D will be counted).
How will the Winners be Selected?
Participants will be judged on the creativity of their 3D file, on the originality of their photographic staging and on the number of Likes they will receive on their Cults page.
- Originality of the 3D model: 10 points
- Beauty and Usefulness of the creation: 10 points
- Photo staging: 5 points
- Number of Likes: 5 points
A jury will select the 3 winners. The jury is composed of Luke Taylor Marketing Manager at Polymaker, Nicolas Tokotuu Product Manager at Polymaker, Sean Aranda known as The 3D Print General on Youtube and Axelle from Heliox Lab on Youtube.